Skip to main content

Step By Step

Tonight we had some amazing teaching and it would take a long to time relay some of the powerful truths the Lord was dropping during that time.  Therefore I will tell some of the cool things the Father revealed to me after the talk. 

We met in some random building near the Hotel because the conference room was being used tonight.  So after the talk I went and spent some time just talking with Papa.  I walked to a abandoned parking lot designed for an amusement park that shut down in 2001.  This is an expansive area that makes it very conducive to sitting in silence listening to the Lords voice.  I was asking a lot of questions from just to hear he Lords voice in something.  I asked, "Why do You Love Me", and he just rocked me speaking truths into my heart where the Devil had fed lies.  I just cried and walk and cried and walked feeling the weight of the Fathers Presence.  Then I just kept on walking to bench I had ran past on my nightly runs.  As I walked I asked the Lord what else he wanted to teach me and he just said,"Step by Step".  I pondered that for a while then found the bench and sat down still thinking about what "Step by Step" ment.  Then the Lord just laid it out for me in terms that I understand, he gave me a list.
  • First, Put on Foot in Front of the Other
  • Second, Trust the ground to catch Me
  • Third, Move forward in the Truth, The Truth that the ground is stable and I can walk. 
Those three steps are monumental in the simply practice of walking and more powerful in the process of knowing God over a lifetime.  Not just having encounters with God but living a life trusting in the Lord, that he is a good God, who gives good presents to his Children.  Trusting that he has plans for our future are good and that his Hand of Power is good.  The main talk from last night revolved around, "What do you do when the dry season comes".  Do you shrivel up and die by listening to the lies of the enemy or do you step forward in faith that God is Still Good and his Love Endures FOREVER. 

As I went from sitting on the bench to laying on the Bench I started asking the hard questions to the Father and seeing what he says.  First I asked if his plans are still to prosper and he simply said, "You just wait and See, Trust me".  Then I asked, "What if you become silent for the rest of my life?", and he said, "A Mans Labor is Never in Vein, Trust Me!".  These are some amazing truths that I will just toss into this post and not really explain their depth very much, just a glimpse.

After those questions I dove deeply into somethings I was needing to get off my back and let the blood of Christ rebuild within me.  I stepped through a lot of issues of self-hate stepping into many lies I had believed for many years, just giving them to Christ asking him to replace me years of Pain with his new Life.  As I lifted these burdens to Christ I just started to doze off into a peace.  It was the Peace of the Spirit just calming my soul, my thoughts kinda slowed and I drifted off into thought that I can not even remember now.  Then a plane flew over and I opened my eyes, I looked up at the Heavens and I could see so many stars, before I closed my eyes I was marveling at the beauty of the Cosmos.  So opening my eyes to this new view of the depth and contrast in the heavens blew me away.  Then the Lord reminded me of something he has been saying for the past few weeks, "Open your Eyes".  Simply open your eyes to my truths, to the depths of my Love, to the work of the Spirit, to the power of my giftings, to the power of the Body, to the Glory of the King.   Then I walked back to the Hotel with that amazing image of the Crispness of a million stars, to pen this post. 

All is Great in the Body of Christ
Paul Shackelford

Sorry for the grammer and spelling errors...

Popular posts from this blog

Rise Again - Needtobreathe

I have been reading a book about the arts and Christians role in creating culture.  Steve Turner, the author, asserts a major critique that modern Christian art does not speak about real life.  The art created does not sound genuine or have any ties to real life that people outside the faith can connect with.  While reading the book I listened through this album and I think that this song does a great job of breaking the mold.  The members of Needtobreathe are all outspoken followers of Jesus but very little of the art that they produce mentions Jesus or Christianity at all.  Instead they craft creative music, written from places of pain and joy.   "Rise Again"  steps through pain that occurs in life as we see relationships stretched and torn.  The bitterness of broken hearts and friendships is then contrasted with the truth that we will get up from this pain and rise again.   "I can see us moving on, I can feel that coming on strong", the joy that comes after the

Twenty-Four - Jess Ray

Lately I have been listening to lots of music and podcasts while working and biking to work.  I was feeling a need for some new music so I turned to NoiseTrade to check out some new artists.  My favorite thus far is Jess Ray because of the honest lyrics, tastefully simple musicality and overall enjoyable listening environment.  While on my flight back to Atlanta I was struck by this song at first because of the drums that propel this song behind the walking guitar.  If I were to add drums to a track like this it would have been done in a very similar manner.  Once I got past the drums I was awe struck by the simple power of these lyrics, take a read below and follow the link to her blog to listen.   To me it was not written for an outward expression of hope or encouragement but rather as a inward proclamation to the soul.  As the psalmist often choose to sing, this song speaks inward in a call to stand up and be reminded of truth all to often forgotten.  As I gear up for the star

You Will Be My Ain True Love - Alison Kraus

This song has so much power, even if you remove the lyrics.  I just decided to take in the full potential of the song by turning the stereo all the way up and playing the song a few times.  Before even looking for a video of this song I knew it was related to the Civil War and the separation that occurred between loved ones.  This song starts out explaining the battle field and how the soldier has survived the terrors of war.  As the song continues to build you can tell that the soldier wants to be with his love.  They have been separated by this war and now he wants to be back with her.  The last few lines portray his death and how he has been reunited with his "True Love".  I believe that this song describes his "True Love" as God, our eternal True Love. He has returned to his maker after being killed in Battle and this song paints that picture so well. This song has tons of power in the music behind the lyrics, it adds so much to the meaning of this song!