Skip to main content

Lost and Found

We arrived home on August 3rd and went to unpacking out house which had been rented while my family was in Oxford for the Spring.  My room had been the dumping ground for all of our personal stuff because my father used it for sleeping while on business back in the States.  So I started to unearth loads of cloths, luggage, papers, and lots of other stuff.  I was looking for one article that had some important devices of mine.  It was a black laptop bag that held my iPhone, Dell m1530 and some small writing items.  As usual for something you are looking for the bag was missing even after basically turning my room upside down and shaking it.  We then turned to searching our neighbors house which was another landing zone of my father and I but with no results.  
So I started to get plan B ready, I need a new phone and a new computer.  Then I looked around my room and there was an old flip phone and an old Desktop.  When I mean old I mean really old, the Nokia was five years worn, and the Dell Desktop at least ten.  After playing with both of them I decided that these would meet my needs, the phone calls and texts, the computer can run some basic programs and is reliable.  
It was not all that easy because when you lose objects with a face value of over $1500 you don't just shrug your shoulders and say "well schuks" and find replacements.  We searched everywhere for this stuff reminding me of the Parable of the Lost coin, when a woman loses one coin and searches and upon finding the coin rejoices.  This represents how God searches for each of our hearts and doesn't give up and rejoices when we are found and return to him.  I will be writing another blog post explaining a little bit of my story in regards to being lost and found.  
The story doesn't end there with a lost set of electronics.  After I got the flip phone activated and the Dell running Linux so that it could meet the needs of a computing at Tech we get a call from our neighbor.  The bag has been found, it was hiding in a place that was very odd and no one really knew how it go there.  I went on down and picked up the stuff very thankful for them finding these items.  Now I am back to pre-summer levels of technology with an iPhone, two laptops, and only one brain to take in all of the data of this upcoming semester. 

All is Great in the Lord from Frog Orchard

Popular posts from this blog

Rise Again - Needtobreathe

I have been reading a book about the arts and Christians role in creating culture.  Steve Turner, the author, asserts a major critique that modern Christian art does not speak about real life.  The art created does not sound genuine or have any ties to real life that people outside the faith can connect with.  While reading the book I listened through this album and I think that this song does a great job of breaking the mold.  The members of Needtobreathe are all outspoken followers of Jesus but very little of the art that they produce mentions Jesus or Christianity at all.  Instead they craft creative music, written from places of pain and joy.   "Rise Again"  steps through pain that occurs in life as we see relationships stretched and torn.  The bitterness of broken hearts and friendships is then contrasted with the truth that we will get up from this pain and rise again.   "I can see us moving on, I can feel that coming on strong", the joy that comes after the

Twenty-Four - Jess Ray

Lately I have been listening to lots of music and podcasts while working and biking to work.  I was feeling a need for some new music so I turned to NoiseTrade to check out some new artists.  My favorite thus far is Jess Ray because of the honest lyrics, tastefully simple musicality and overall enjoyable listening environment.  While on my flight back to Atlanta I was struck by this song at first because of the drums that propel this song behind the walking guitar.  If I were to add drums to a track like this it would have been done in a very similar manner.  Once I got past the drums I was awe struck by the simple power of these lyrics, take a read below and follow the link to her blog to listen.   To me it was not written for an outward expression of hope or encouragement but rather as a inward proclamation to the soul.  As the psalmist often choose to sing, this song speaks inward in a call to stand up and be reminded of truth all to often forgotten.  As I gear up for the star

You Will Be My Ain True Love - Alison Kraus

This song has so much power, even if you remove the lyrics.  I just decided to take in the full potential of the song by turning the stereo all the way up and playing the song a few times.  Before even looking for a video of this song I knew it was related to the Civil War and the separation that occurred between loved ones.  This song starts out explaining the battle field and how the soldier has survived the terrors of war.  As the song continues to build you can tell that the soldier wants to be with his love.  They have been separated by this war and now he wants to be back with her.  The last few lines portray his death and how he has been reunited with his "True Love".  I believe that this song describes his "True Love" as God, our eternal True Love. He has returned to his maker after being killed in Battle and this song paints that picture so well. This song has tons of power in the music behind the lyrics, it adds so much to the meaning of this song!